the play's the thing

i have wondered from time to time, "where have all the shakespeares (and mozarts and thoreaus and dickinsons) gone?!" well, last night i found one.

my friend's daughter and friends put on a play in their backyard that she's been writing since 3rd grade--comarades, that's six years. and she wrote in all the humor, stage directions and two hours of amazing dialogue. she just loves to write and write some more (kind of like me with these blog postings!)

these highschoolers have spent every free minute for as long as my friend can remember getting ready for these summer productions, which run for three consecutive nights, have tickets and even concessions.

i've been to a lot of theater, even around the world, and i'm telling you this play was worth much more than $2. seeing the talent emerging from the next generation is priceless!

Comments

  1. Glad you liked the play. Since closing night I have sent in my first novel for publication. Watch out world, these girls are armed with words! Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, keep me posted on your novel!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts