the girls

very rarely will a book read me. but when it does, it grabs and shakes my soul, demanding full attention in less than 12 hours and will not let me rest until every word has been read. from the first sentence i was oblivious to everything around me. strawberry shortcake came and went. no interest in my favorite games. almost missed the 4th of july fireworks. could not sleep until i had come to page 324. that good. i didn't realize that i was laughing out loud until i was also crying, wiping tears from my eyes. words and descriptions so savory, so filling, who needed dessert?

having just come from a week of siblings who'd been living apart from each other, i had no idea when i chose this seemingly "random" book from a stranger's beach house shelf that it would be a poignant and polar opposite: conjoined twins.

for the oregonian article of our week with foster care siblings: http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.ssf/2010/07/camp_to_belong_brings_foster_k.html

for a great summer read: "the girls" by canadian author lori lansens

Comments

  1. I just read the first few pages online and am ordering it to read more. I'm so excited; those first pages were wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me know when you get it and what you think!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts