the lips have it

ok. i want you to think about your favorite feature and why. (it's not narcissistic, it's interesting, go ahead...i just read a blog entry about a woman who didn't realize how much she liked her nose until her dog almost bit it off). maybe you've never given it much thought. i hadn't really until yesterday. a friend took me to nordstrom to have my lips done.

anything come to mind?

nordstrom, to me, is like a foreign country. i haven't been inside the doors since i started teaching because i get my makeup at walmart thankyouverymuch. that said, i seriously thought someone was going to ask me for my passport or something. i'm afraid that it will cost me money just to look at things because i have the curse of expensive taste. wide-eyed i was swooshed into the chair and surrounded by young, kind and fancy makeup artists. a bit disheveled from trying to get to the appointment on time, i was also due for a powdering which she deftly accomplished and then she said, "you have perfect lips."

"mmm...zanksss" (translated: oh, thanks! while trying to hold still)

"no, seriously," she continued, "i've done a lot of lips and yours are perfect."

"ah-ea?" (really? as in, does she say this to everyone?!)
i do have this little marilyn monroe mole just above my upper lip. my mom wanted me to have it removed for years out of fear it was cancerous. but it's not, it's just there and frankly, i'm too vain to want to have a scar above my lip, but i would if i had to.

"let's see what italian rose looks like on you." and it was beautiful.

later, italian rose in a bag swinging from my arm thanks to my friend, i felt beautiful. while putting my sandals back on at the fountain later, my big toe happened to land right in front of some grafitti on the bench that said, "you look beautiful today." it was surprising that such a small thing could have such an impact. and i appreciated the trip because it wasn't something that i would think of doing for myself.

so, what have you decided?


Comments

Popular Posts