city of your final destination

i took myself out to living room theaters last night, one of my favorite places to see a great film. i love seeing movies with others and going out to talk about them afterwards, but i also--depending on the show--enjoy going solo and staying in my own head.

"the city of your final destination" is about a professor trying to gain authorization to write a biography on a recently deceased author. he doesn't take no for an answer, even traveling to visit the family. once authorization is finally granted, he realizes that's not what he's supposed to be doing with his life at all.

there's a biography i'd really like to write too. on the drive home, though, i thought more about it from different angles. maybe i too am missing something. maybe my original destination isn't where my writing is designed to turn up afterall?

Comments

Popular Posts