welding 101

with access to a digital camera, i'm able to take some photos of back projects and share them with you now. this monstrosity (aka: first attempt at welding) is what happened last summer when my friend trusted me in his studio. i was going for a kind of key-holder of sorts. what happened instead was the smell of burning metal and more than a few sparks flying. again, i had to be patient with myself and try not to compare my work with his. he has, after all, been perfecting his art longer than i've been alive. he has installation pieces all over portland. but if you need any weirdly fused metal shapes that look like they collided with an alien space ship, well, i'm your woman.

Comments

  1. "but if you need any weirdly fused metal shapes that look like they collided with an alien space ship, well, i'm your woman." Ha! :) I love the image of you welding, wearing goggles and spraying sparks!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts