learning for life

in order to really be the best art teacher i can be, i have to keep learning myself. give me a challenge, a new way of looking at something any day! for a couple of years now, i have wanted to take an art class in encaustics. if the prospect of just learning a new word each day excites me, then the idea of learning in the realm of creativity, well, i'm in orbit.

this class was a blast! the teacher was both knowlegable and experienced, giving just the right blend of demonstration and play time. the four hours absolutely flew by. i, of course, expected to be able to make something beautiful on my first day, but tried to be patient with myself since i was learning something new. here are three examples of my wax layers fused onto boards. the possibilities are endless; you can collage into the layers with paper or metallics...i plan to keep learning this!

Comments

  1. i LOVE encaustics! was introduced to them in italy in college! i'm moving back to portland this summer, then let's get together and make messes with wax!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts