what love does

the early morning hours (2-4 a.m.) can be a special time of connection in prayer and dreams, i notice. 

my rational, overanalyzing mind is resting and thoughts seem more pure and direct somehow than during the busy daytime hours.

like this example from just a few early mornings ago. (me): "Love, what are you up to?" (Love): "*comforting people and drawing them to myself." (me): wow, cool, how can I help?" and then promptly fell back to sleep.

what refreshed me is the bigger picture and perspective. i get so looped into my own days and concerns, which are valid, but this was about what Love was up to with the entire world and maybe i could join in that larger view, which excited my half-awake self.

(*these are both verses, incidentally, in Isaiah and the gospel of John, i discovered, looking up the key words of 'comfort' and 'draw' afterwards).

i wonder how we might join in this endeavor on a daily basis?

Comments

Popular Posts