flowers, flowers everywhere!

my dining room turned into a practice floral design studio this week!  after watching a video series online about floral foundational skills, my only wish was an abundance of blooms to practice with.

my wish came true the next day at work when i saw buckets of leftover greenery and blooms from a sip and clip class!  our nursery gal was kind enough to let me take the leftovers home to practice on and then bring back as arrangements and market bouquets to give away.

the sculpture alone took over three hours, as i practiced using chicken wire to build a structure with which to create shape, base flowers, focal blooms, companion colors and eucalyptus for motion.  the trickiest part was getting it back in my car to deliver to the tasting room--this is the real reason for seatbelts, i think.

flowers bring joy all around; working with them for me is sheer love not to mention the delight on people's faces when you hand them an arrangement, especially for no reason!

what is your favorite flower arrangement or memory?








Comments

Popular Posts