in praise of hibernation

i find it rather humorous that humans are the only creatures who actually ramp up at a time when the natural world takes a long winter's nap.

the contrast makes me chuckle.  humans:  shop, stress, get together, drive everywhere, stress, shop more, drive more places, make more plans, socialize, sign up for things they don't actually want to do, stress.

nature:  sleep.

i mean, days are short, folks.  it's dark out.  before electricity you worked during the daylight hours and then stopped.  it's cold out.  time to bundle in and rest.  i'm trying it out a bit and you know what?  i like it.  the seasons make sense.  

sure, in 2021 it's wildly countercultural and i may even get labeled or made fun of, but resting in winter feels good to me.  simple days, simple nights.

if you need me, i'll be in and, as my grandma used to say, "cozy, eh?"

Comments

  1. I'M WITH YOU. Trying to "be kind to my animal body" as an instagram post suggested by napping, staying home, and indulging in all the carbs! yay coziness! <3 (p.s. i finally changed my display name from whateverpants so you know it's me, Holly!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snow here locally sure helped with our hibernation goals! Not that we need an excuse!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts