dear sky

 dear sky,

i promise to stay that girl who runs outside in her slippers, breathless for the beauty of sunrise.  i'll be the one gasping for joy and pointing at magenta cirrus clouds saying, "look at those!" to strangers in the grocery store parking lot come evening.

you shall command my days with elegance, keeping me busy craning my neck in hope during storms (there's got to be a rainbow somewhere!) or squinting my eyes into the far, foggy distance for the honking of wild geese, first heard before they're seen.  i may not always see them, but i'll always be looking.

you will find the ears of my ears open and so too my windows for the trills of birdsong by day and owls by night, the songs passing through your atmosphere.  

i will stay awake to you, as you have to me all my days, even in the cold and wet and dark because i don't want to miss anything.  i've learned the dishes can wait but a sunset doesn't last.  thank you for that.  

let me be always seeing, putting you first, being amazed.

love, lanette

Comments

Popular Posts