the larger view

crossing "grand canyon" off my 'wild woman list of things to do' is a thrilling feeling.  even this word girl can't describe it, it falling too short of description--you truly do have to see it for yourself!  it's the reason that often nature 'is my favorite church' because, like visiting the ocean, it puts me in my proper (small) place regarding the great scheme of things.

(tourist tip:  if you don't have time to raft the colorado river in person, taking in the IMAX version is worth it)

i thought a lot about positive and negative space; the canyon, but also the magnitude of space and sky that made the contrast possible.

at the top of the rim, we met the nicest navajo woman who, over ice cream, told us about her favorite place to get navajo tacos and she was right!

my cousin gave me an early birthday gift, a copy of "grand canyon:  a different view" by tom vail that i would also highly recommend.






Comments

Popular Posts