vitamin D for the soul

"powells. fleece. hot chocolate. i love my city. colorful leaves. green. i choose to love my city". the man in seat 8A likely thought my mantra crazy as our plane landed in PDX. it's not that i'm ungrateful, it just takes a while to transition from reading by the pool to sideways rain. really, there's no place like home, but two days ago i was riding a red motorscooter down palm-lined streets in 70 degree weather. stop gloating, you might think. but really? you could eat a Thanksgiving Feast every week and still not get your daily dose of Vitamin D here in the northwest. i went for a walk today so i could eat (second mantra: "live to move, move to eat, eat to live.") and said out loud, "toto, we're not in palm springs anymore!" excuse me now while i go and put myself, in good company, into a tryptophane haze. vitamin D doses aside, how much do you love your city?

Comments

Popular Posts