looking up

i've been thinking about the magi a lot lately. they were sky-watchers. and not just for a day. likely for years. trained, ridiculously patient astronomers who knew when something changed in the cosmos.

tonight there is supposed to be a grand meteor shower, best viewing times between midnight and sunrise. and next monday-tuesday is a lunar eclipse.

i'm not trained nor near as patient, but i'm going to try to go to bed early, set my alarm and see what i can! add coffee to the list of wise men's gifts.

Comments

  1. i set my alarm for midnight, but alas, too much cloud cover/rain. as my friend reminded me, however, the meteor shower still happened above the clouds...maybe next time we will be able to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just out walking and the moon was visible, the clouds are coming and going so come midnight, who know, maybe? I'm just trying to decide if I'm willing to pay the price of staying up that late tomorrow. . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts