teaching muscles

i thought i would blog today, utilizing words to say how very few words i have left. the first week of school could not have gone any better. and the introvert part of me could not be more shell-shocked.

it's not every week that you meet and intentionally relate with over three-hundred people. metaphorically speaking, it's a bit like going out and running 30 miles after sitting on the couch for three years. but my strength will again grow; gain social endurance. after about four weeks of training, my face muscles will endure and my vocal chords will last longer. pacing each day, each week, each month to finish the race strong.

if giving is any indication of teaching, so is receiving. a student brought me cookies and a note saying how glad they were that they were in my class. and a fellow teacher friend gave me a long-term gift of time, prayer and commitment that is still sinking in, it touched my heart that much.

there's nothing like this profession. if you and i were to swap a day in each other's work environments, we would probably both be overwhelmed. i wouldn't have a clue how to synchronize your computer files and you would have to balance a schedule of 3 subjects with kids ranging from age 5-14. i would probably not like how many meetings or conference calls you might have. and i would make sure to leave you lots of notes about our staff meetings, parent emails, classes of the week, chapels and announcements.

oh, and warning, the hallway is LOUD. but then again, so is the love.

Comments

  1. oh, who are you kidding? you would LOVE my job! but then again, it relates pretty closely to yours. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts