being ordinary

came across a great quote recently, "if I don't have to be special, i don't have to spend all my time maintaining a valued self-image, if i'm not worried about being judged, then i can discover how fun it is to watch the world unfold..." --neal allen

not having to spend energy on preserving ego certainly doesn't mean we're not each "special", but my takeaway here is that we can rest in our unique belovedness.

each of our individual small stories matter immeasurably, and i think exponentially when we live into, or for, the bigger picture and story, moving from me/i into we/our.

how?  presence and presentness.  i've experienced how spaciousness opens up when i pause from looking ahead or behind and just really pay attention, "get my mind where my feet are" as i remind myself.

hold on a minute. what else is here? or, as poet mike essig writes, "all we need is here." 

right now, in this extraordinarily ordinary moment. 



Comments

Popular Posts