friends of all ages

what is the average age of most of your friend circle?

in mine, i like to have a range of at least age 8 or under-age 80+.  just today i was in a coffee shop with five of my friends, a mom and her four children.  i felt like the luckiest lady in the world when her daughter ran for me and spontaneously buried her face in my coat and held on.  

as we were playing tic-tac-toe on a page torn from my day planner, in walked my poet friend who is now 81!  we hugged and i made some introductions.

when we got up to leave, the daughter grabbed my hand and held it the entire way to their car, which may or may not have involved skipping and some puddles.  there's no feeling in the world like a young child reaching for your hand of their own accord and holding on.  i think i must have fairly floated down the sidewalk with glee.  

(i suppose it makes sense that i feel at home with everyone, because while my body is almost 49, my spirit is a perpetual 12 and my soul is about 83).


Comments

  1. YES! My spirit/soul are both much younger and older than my "real" age! Kindred spirits :) xoxo h

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts