floating into the new year

winter is teaching me to be; to love sleep and gentle movement, silence, nourishment, hibernation, and contentment.

into this season, a friend and i insert a new experience: the float tanks. they are also called sensory deprivation pods and, as i climb into the water filled with 1,000 pounds of epsom salt, it buoys me instantly.

the top of my pod has tiny lights that look like stars in the galaxy. without sound, touch, taste, smell, or sight, my brain is free to wander, to rest.

ever since i was born from the real womb, i have been alert, tuned in to not only my surroundings but others and emotions as well, so it is blissful to exist awhile without bearing weight in any sense of the word.

the silence without uncovers, thankfully, a silence within, matching the unbroken surface tension of the water. when i emerge, i feel fantastically refreshed.

Comments

Popular Posts