watching myself walk

and this is the second poem from the gallery interactive experience.  this time the starter poem was "the healing time" by pesha gertler and i chose the prompt line, "finally on my way to yes..." it is about learning from past mistakes in order to create and choose new pathways in life...

watching myself walk

finally on my way to yes
i bypass the same old streets
that are neither wrong nor right
just over-familiar and no longer needed

recode me--please!--opening a new and
fruit-lined way where, even though i see
memories mixed in dreams, i wake to find it is
i who have changed

now walking at a pace i can sustain
saying with thankfulness a goodbye
to former signs and comfortable sidewalks
along automatic but thin paths

to instead keep cadence with myself
today:  happy, well, and filled with the
kindness and peace that dares to rename streets
entirely and invite others to the walk

ls 4.30.17


Comments

  1. Walking over hills and valleys, we are not alone.
    I have this one on repeat...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4rRCjrAyCs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts