gift from the sea, again

this photo captures my joie de vivre, especially during the month of july (untouched by obligations) where i am free and fortunate enough to spend endless days at the ocean.  i'm starting to think of it as a sabbatical month of sorts and the rhythm of the sea helps me mark time by walks and naps.

it was my wish to turn 42 here and, among other amazing forms of relaxation and enjoyment--including a crab dinner outside on the patio, i reread anne morrow lindbergh's "gift from the sea".

her writings spoke to me just as much--if not more deeply now--as they did when i first read them at age 20.  marveling at her wisdom (she really was ahead of her time writing in the 1950's) i am encouraged to continue to live life from a simple and authentic self.  i wonder what it will be like to read it yet again when i am in my 60's...

Comments

  1. LOVE this picture! It so captures your joyful spirit. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say kudos for that goes to the photographer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts