what's in my book pile

i couldn't stop reading patrice vecchione's book "step into nature:  nurturing imagination and spirit in everyday life". i didn't go looking for it, rather it quite literally came off the shelf at me. 

in it she asks nuanced questions along the way, straight from her own walks and art, that i found refreshing.  she also includes snippets of poems and thoughts by everyone from denise levertov and henry david thoreau to annie dillard and john keats.  it seems to me she is not only well-read, but well-lived and has very much alive stories to share that come out of these observations and experiences. 

my stack also includes art-photo books "new ceramic surface design" by molly hatch and "the french-inspired home" by kaari meng.  i enjoy looking at these with coffee first thing in the morning when my imagination is fresh and clear.

and novels "the song of hartgrove hall" by natasha solomons, "the sound of paper" by julia cameron and "curious:  the desire to know and why your future depends on it" by ian leslie.

that ought to keep me out of trouble for at least a couple of days!

Comments

Popular Posts