DIY with annie sloan

winter is a great time for indoor home improvement projects!  i had an old matching coffee and end table from my first apartment days that i got really tired of looking at. 

my friend found and told me about the annie sloan paint she was going to use to redo her dressers and cabinet, so i looked it up. i found a delightful studio owner and paint stockist near to where i live:  md haney & co. that helped get me started.

what is so great about annie sloan chalk paint ($38.95 per quart and worth every bit)  is there is no need to sand or strip the wood first, just start painting!  and it covers great.  i simply used two coats of "french linen" grey and a first layer of wax before distressing the edges with sandpaper and finishing with a second coat of wax and buffing.

for me, it was all about the hardware that i found at a vintage shop up in astoria, so it was no small thrill for me to drill in and place the knobs.  voila:  new furniture for less than $50.  here's the before and after:

Comments

  1. Wow-it looks great!!!! SO fun!!!! I know you will enjoy this paint on so many projects....and thanks for the kind words ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just finished a project with this paint as well and it's great. Brushing on the wax is easy and really finishes the surface nicely. It's my favorite part. We're staging our own furniture "extreme makeovers" here! Check out Darci's new shop...opening in February & walking distance from charming 3rd street in McMinnville.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts