nw nature

an interesting article came out in the paper recently about the northwest, nature and spirituality.

it was discussing the link between nature and experiencing spirituality, essentially, and people's patterns of church attendance who live in more lush, natural landscapes.

the author included a poem which i will reprint here, which uncannily echoed a poem i wrote a few months and several posts ago.

forgive me that i cannot kneel and worship in this pew,
for i have knelt in western dawns, when the stars were large and few,
and the only fonts God gave me were the deep leaves filled with dew
and so it is i worship best with only the soft air about me,
and the sun's warm gold upon my brow and hair;
for then my very heart and soul mount
upward in swift prayer.

--ella higginson

Comments

Popular Posts