spirograph!


to understand my delight, rewind with me thirty four years or so, to 1979 and my first spirograph.  i was five and this kit entertained me for hours as i spun the pen colors to create geometric designs.  so yesterday, imagine my joy when a student gave me not just any spirograph, but the Deluxe Spirograph Kit as a gift.  he said it was the last one in the store. (add to the geometric gala by the fact that another lovely person in my life said she had been looking for a kit for me too, but the store was all out! clearly it was meant to be...and i'll share)  i knew what i was going to do when i got home from school yesterday.  the responsible adult that i am, i threw down some dinner and left the dishes in the sink:  priorities!  i broke open my new kit and returned to my inner child, making design after design.  and you know what?!  that's one smart invention (thank you engineers and architectural enthusiasts) to use the spheres in cocentric circles not to mention the other shapes (did i mention it's the Deluxe?) the box says ages 8+, so phew...i can keep playing with it until i'm 88+, that's a relief!  and it comes with the same tried and true pen colors:  red, blue and green.  ahhh.  some things never change.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts