viola rock, PDX!

i'm used to reading...notes.  the last couple of days, however, i've been jamming on my viola (no, that is not an oxymoron) by playing along without notes to tunes on my iPod to by sting, carly rae jepson, 2cellos and the verve.  don't get me wrong, i've loved my 21+ years in orchestra and owe them the very heart of my viola, it's just that, well, i've gotta bust out!  i've emailed the portland cello project, local hipster teachers and even sara matarazzo who was featured in portland monthly's music scene.  short of putting "violist for hire" on craigslist, which would, i fear, be the catalyst for even more viola jokes than are already on the internet, i would love to play background for local bands, cds or even film!  i know i'm taking a slight departure here in wordnest to ask this, but please comment if you know of a very cool group needing somone who wants to rock her viola...

Comments

Popular Posts