say what?!

if someone has ever said to you, "i swear i've seen you somewhere before!" they are calling you a doppelganger:  a double of a living person.  you may have already known this, but i just learned it today and more often than not, i wish i actually did have a doppelganger.  then she could oh, say, figure the taxes, show up at work and go to the dentist for me while i drank lattes, went to movies and made lots of art.  that would be no picayune (trivial or petty) matter.  and since it's the holiday season, how is the kerf of your tannenbaum?  i always feel quite handy myself when i get out the saw to make a fresh cut before putting the tree in water.  (my flood of gratitute remains, however, devoted to those who made the original kerf for me each year.) and speaking of floods, i drove betwixt varying levels of water this weekend on my way to the coast.  a freshet, one might say, so torrential that i decided to stay there drinking those lattes and let my doppelganger come back to work...

Comments

Popular Posts