go for the gusto

ok, better, best.  what am i giving my time to?  what makes me feel most alive?  recently, i opted out of a very good activity in favor of some better and best in my life.  there was nothing wrong with the old routine, except that it was starting to feel like a "have to", a "should" of sorts.  i'm all for faithfulness and community, i've been in the group for 20 years now and that in itself is cool.  i can always go back.  but for now what i really wanted to do was exercise more and do art, maybe take some classes myself.  immediately i felt giddy as i went downtown for a new adventure instead of the former auto pilot.  and you know, some really great opportunities have opened up for me to learn letterpress, travel and try my hand at some new techniques.  plus i'm moving my body more each week and that just feels plain great.  thinking about trying something but not sure if you can swing it or spare the time?  cut something that is just "ok" and go for the gusto.  you won't regret it!

Comments

Popular Posts