refinement

silver clay, like life, is all about the art of refinement. i learned to work with precious metal (PMC) yesterday and it was like a miracle; to think that in one afternoon i could start with the tiniest bit of clay and end up with finished jewelry...nothing short of magical. i know i too am growing, having the dross burned from me in the refiner's fire. it is comforting to know that just as i took delight in burnishing my pieces, i am delighted in by my Creator as His poeima, or work of art. He sees me not only as i am, but how i will be and i am safe in His hands. overall, my goals for this summer have been to 1) play and 2) do art for fun. and, as of today, i'd have to say they are both coming true!

Comments

  1. oh, silver clay! sooo jealous. I've always wanted to see what that stuff is like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts