no line on the horizon

on my commute home, i generally like quiet after being called "miss smith" 159 times, give or take 20, in succession. i love to drive my zippy little car "dubonet" and really, dundee isn't that far. it gives me time to think, write in my mind, sing and look at the scenery (within reason). my car is a sanctuary on wheels and music, many different kinds, is an important part of that.

this time each year, i go through a distinctly U2 phase. their "no line on the horizon" cd has certain songs which, as the essence of worship goes, far outdo some contemporary praise songs i know. it's still on my bucket list to see them live again, although i did go to a concert of theirs back when we actually waved lighters in the air instead of cell phones. (i know, and a blackberry was just a fruit and an icon was part of early church history.)

at any rate, consider the lyrics "from the womb, my first cry, it was a joyful noise. i give you back my voice...you and i will magnify the magnificent." or "is it true that perfect love drives out all fear?" or "only the Lamb as white as snow."

i have watched my portion of willamette valley "pink" into cherry blossom season to these words.

what is car time for you and what music is particularly meaningful to you these days?

Comments

  1. Car time is... Relaxation and reflection time.
    Good music... Erm, I must say bethany Dillon's new album 'Stop and Listen' (still. It's SO deep with meaning and metaphors that it takes a while to fully soak in), and David Crowder (wow, that man can WRITE.)

    I very much like this post- Sounds like you're getting a good respite each day in between crazy school and/or other events. : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts