appreciation fest

"appreciation is yeast, lifting ordinary to extraordinary."--mary-ann petro

thankful for so many things.  at the very top of the list this year:  that a dear friends my age is celebrating another birthday today after chemo and surgery for stage 3 cancer.  we've been friends for twenty years and here's to many more!

truly, i can't think of a better thanksgiving gift than her life.

here's my continued gratitude list:

-my parents are healthy and live nearby
-i continue to flourish and learn mind/body/spirit care at age 47
-faithful friends and community
-my cozy and beautiful living space
-a special neighborhood
-my jobs, wonderful bosses, colleagues and guests
-a simpler, slower, and more seasonal lifestyle
-nature and living near the river for kayaking
-books, books, and more books galore
-bountiful garden harvest
-time to hold my coffee in the morning
-writing poetry and making art
-living an hour and a half from the ocean

what tops your appreciation list this year?  

Comments

  1. Warmth, coziness, friends/chosen family, finding a new job after getting laid off this January, my kitty, wool socks, a truly unexpected new love of ebooks and my ereader (! feels like sacrilege!), and eggnog in my coffee these days! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts