let there be music

practicing viola has always been somewhat of a solitary venture and hence, not as much fun as when shared with others in person.  it's way more fun for me to play duets with other string players and i really miss playing with my group in portland.

meanwhile, i've found that by plugging my earbuds into my phone and searching a classical or contemporary piece, i can play along on my viola and feel as though i'm with others!

this was nothing short of a huge revelation as a healthy way to fill my evening downtime these days.

so, during this month of love, i shall leave you with this quote by none other than jonathan edwards (a young contemporary of js bach):

"the best, most beautiful, and most perfect way that we have of expressing a sweet concord of mind to each other, is by music.  when i would form in my mind an idea of a society in the highest degree happy, i think of them as expressing their love, their joy, and the inward concord and harmony and spiritual beauty of their souls by sweetly singing to each other."




Comments

Popular Posts