consider the tournesol

this is me, considering the tournesols, or sunflowers. in preference to their French name giving them their "turn to the sun" nature, a friend and i stopped by the field.

we waded in and took pictures, for no other reason than that the flowers made us happy.

several things are to be enjoyed about this time of year, a turning to a new season.

the city mouse in me loves a day like yesterday: brunch at my favorite portland diner, browsing fashion & home decor, people-watching over quality espresso, and stocking my desk and art space with fine papers for letter-writing and new art supplies for rainy days.

my inner country mouse revels in today: fresh hay for the hens' nests, picking apples for the first pies, harvesting potatoes (the vintage bathtub container garden worked!) trips to Wilco garden & feed, and filling the pantry for shared fall feasting.

what do you especially enjoy about the turning from summer to autumn?

Comments

Popular Posts