winnie the pooh

the 2017 british biographical drama "goodbye, christopher robin" is about the creator of winnie the pooh author aa milne's process of creating this beloved story and the impact it has on his family.

the film was directed by simon curtis and stars domhnall gleeson, margot robbie, and kelly macdonald.

watching the movie caused me a none-too-small wave of nostalgia.  i actually paused the film and went to my linen closet to retrieve my own beloved bear.  i have an original winnie the pooh bear (the light tan color, as opposed to the newer golden rod tone) given to me for christmas, 1975 that came with the book.

this winnie the pooh has moved with me approximately 15 times and is intact, save for a small hole in his right foot from which some stuffing is falling out.  like the velveteen rabbit, i take this as a sign of his being loved by me all these 42 years.

learning more about aa milne and christopher robin's life gives me a new perspective when i reread the story.  what beloved story or toy do you cherish from childhood?

Comments

Popular Posts