another year of shared learning

august feels to me like an abundance of queen anne's lace and blackberries...time to have ice cream with the neighbors...foster camp...escaping to beach walk during heatwaves...and this year:  the eclipse! 

and time to pour over that stack from the library before school starts.  i just finished reading "lab girl" by hope jahren, a renowned scientist, and "anatomy of the soul" by dr. curt thompson.  "my life with bob (book of books)" by pamela paul was a funny account of her reading history, and next on my list are "life without a recipe" by diana abu-jabar and "the genius of birds" by jennifer ackerman.

i came across what looks like a great tale of adventure yesterday called "the yellow envelope" by kim dinan about how she and her husband quit their jobs to travel the world.  i'll keep you posted (on the reading, that is, not necessarily quitting my job to travel--although i'm sure some days it will be tempting)...admittedly, my reading pace slows, but by no means ceases, as i start teaching again.  i truly believe in being what one of my students wrote to me, "miss smith, you are a teacher who continually loves being taught." 

how right she is and how i look forward to another year of shared learning!

Comments

Popular Posts