self-guided tour



i planned a local bike tour for myself through wine country today!  biking is a great speed for covering more distance than walking while being able to observe more than driving.  riding in the sharrow, i discovered two parks, a boat launch, and a new loop by the golf course.

stopping for lunch, i tried eastern european food for the first time served by an authentic russian woman and her daughter.  in addition to learning about white coffee beans, even though i've never been to russia, i feel like the dough stuffed with beef, jalapeno & ginger "sy sy" sauce and side of cabbage, tomatoes and cucumber gave me a genuine taste of what it would be like to eat there.

seafood market friends helped me with the price-per-pound of mussels (stay tuned for my french cooking day) before i biked on to more shops downtown.  while resting in an oak barrel chair with a fresh baguette sticking out of my panier, a local farmer walked by me and handed me a fresh bunch of lavender!  i felt like i was in a postcard as i pedaled home.

Comments

Popular Posts