ah, book club

admittedly, my reading pace has slowed down with the start of school, but not my enjoyment!  i'm more eager than ever to read because it's not necessarily an all-day luxury anymore.  book club starts up tonight, whereupon i will have a chance to catch up and read items of my choosing...favorite sections of the Oregonian, the latest edition of Portland Monthly magazine and get started on my fun stack.  right now that includes "Through the Children's Gate" by Adam Gopnick and "The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" by Mark Twain.  the one i'm most excited about, however, is an elementary-middle school level book about kids escaping from Mr. Lemoncello's library; published this year, it's filled with allusions to modern books and puzzles to solve.  a student told me about a new book she's really enjoying by Lois Lowry, an author i'm familiar with, but a title i hadn't heard of yet:  "Gossamer".  so yes, my renewals will be more frequent, buying me time which i shall savor like fine chocolate...long live book club!

Comments

Popular Posts