erudite

the word of the day is "erudite", of or having to do with learning! erudition, erudites...learning is something i want to do not only this year but for a lifetime. also, i can remember a few things well. so i'm reviewing the year and looking forward to more learning in the spirit of 1) simplicity 2) creativity 3) beauty and 4) service. simplicity: outwardly, i gutted my attic. wearing a headlamp and everything, i rid myself of 75% of the contents which felt like a great weight lifted off. inwardly, i'm trying to be simple and focus on one thing at a time. inwardly, i want to discipline myself to be simple as well. for a busy and creative mind, this is harder than it sounds. creativity: i want to remember how much i love sketching. i just took some photos and uploaded them to share with you. 3) noticing beauty even in the stark winter months is a delightful discipline. you truly do find what you are looking for. and service: as much as depends on me, i am trying to use my season in life and resources to serve my community. what are your word(s) for the year and how might those play out?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts